Negotiating for Leaders
Learn to Perfect Your Negotiation Skills and Achieve Better Results
Changing the Focus to Value
For today’s leaders, negotiation is a vital skill needed to achieve results in a range of business interactions. When you understand how to effectively negotiate, you can plan and achieve better outcomes in every situation without creating conflict. Negotiation is a skill that can be learned and practiced to achieve required outcomes.
The Negotiating for Leaders program utilises international research to demonstrate how executives and managers can effectively influence and negotiate to achieve and sustain beyond the ability of their competitors.
This program focuses on:
- Proving value and maintaining effective relationships
- Harvard negotiation best practice model and other tools
- Experience from internationally acclaimed negotiation expert, author, facilitator and coach
- Your individual negotiation style - complete an online assessment to establish your preferred style, and learn how to adapt this in different situations
- Applied learning model - work on your real-life negotiation and develop an individual 30-day action plan specific to your needs
- Personal follow-up to assist embedding new skills
Highly practical in its nature, this program will be immediately applicable. It will set the foundation for positive change and will provide you the skills to obtain desired outcomes from any negotiation process. It features interactive discussion, facilitated group work, skills based exercises and negotiation simulations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Negotiating for Leaders will benefit senior manager, functional managers, department heads and executives who have responsibility for influencing employees and negotiating with major stakeholders.
You will learn how to:
- Analyse negotiation situations in order to choose the best approach
- Identify common mistakes and pitfalls
- Make sound decisions during the negotiation
- Apply the negotiation framework to your business, department or organisation
- Recognise and use key negotiating styles
- Determine your own preferred style and how to adapt in different situations
- Develop negotiating skills using interactive models and case studies
- Understand how value, both perceived and real plays a critical role in all negotiations
If you would like to discuss you specific needs with one of our consultants please complete the form below.
Facilitator - Stephen Kozicki
Stephen is a business educator and leading specialist in 'breakthrough business strategies'. He has a unique ability to convert the key issues from a range of business development topics into useful tools to improve the performance of your business. As the principal partner in one of Australia's leading business advisory firms, Stephen personally focuses on increasing productivity and profitability for all his clients.
He has over 25 years experience in senior leadership roles. His strengths include; business coaching, negotiation, effective presentation, dealing with cross-functional teams and strategic account management. He is the best-selling author of two business books: The Creative Negotiator and Persuading for Results.
His academic achievements include:
- Advanced Negotiating Skills from Harvard University
- Masters of Business
- Diploma of Training and Assessment
- Graduate Certificate of Marketing