Imagine in your last meeting your sales manager says, “What do you want to do, increase sales or lower costs?” Well, when you put it like that , you must choose? But do you need to choose? Not always! In general, when asked, do you want me to do X or Y we automatically make a choice. Why?Read More
If your financial year finishes in December, ensure you spend your budget. In most organisations, if you don’t spend it, then you lose it. You lose it, but you still must deliver 2019 results. And 2019 starts in less than 40 days.Read More
Saving costs is good, improving productivity is good, increasing sales is good, executing strategy is good, more growth is good and more profit is good. Well, experience shows it’s easy to make savings on a spreadsheet, it’s a little harder to announce the changes, and it’s tough to deliver the improvement in profit.Read More
Procurement departments are perceived as only being focused on reducing prices, so many suppliers will avoid procurement where they can. Instead focusing their energy on building relationships and providing value for business unit contacts. So, suppliers only deal with procurement when they are forced to.
But is this too big a risk, how much influence do procurement have in your industry and how quickly is this influence growing?Read More
Imagine you could start your business again. What if you could start with a blank piece of paper and design your business to take advantage of the internet?Read More
Did you know the unit price of a product or service may only account for about 10% of the total costs. To reduce the remaining 90% you need to ...Read More
How can you engage a customer in a value discussion? Todd Snelgrove from SKF Global is a world leader in value and total cost of ownership (TCO). We asked him what common mistakes companies make and ...Read More